Your student leaders would gain a lot by watching what you do all week. Even if you don’t have a special viewing room with a two-way mirror.
How often do you bring them along for what you’re doing? I’m talking about just about everything, like:
- Planning a message
- Spending time on campus / “ministry of presence”
- Planning out the semester or summer
- Chatting with other student leaders or ministry teams
- Sharing your fundraising appeal
- Discussing the ministry with your boss
- Editing a video
- Preparing announcements
- Meeting with your staff or adult volunteers
- Visiting another college minister (on your campus or otherwise)
Any more options? I’m sure there are. The point is, you’ve got the chance to bring students along for all of it. Sometimes – sure – you shouldn’t. But more often, you should be asking yourself, Why not?