Perhaps your ministry already serves incoming freshmen – a move-in day, for instance. But have you considered other ways to add value for incoming students, to serve them (even when the “return on investment” has more to do with actually serving them than wooing them to your ministry)?
We don’t have to pick one or the other, but hopefully you and your current students do have a bent toward “giveaway” service that doesn’t have to receive something back in proportion to what you’ve given.
So in no particular order, here are some opportunities that come to mind:
- Campus maps with “the places Freshmen really need to know”
- Campus tours
- City tour
- Tour of churches
- “Off-the-Map Orientation” session
- Study skills session
- Dorm organization session
- “Catalog” of what you really need in a dorm room (written by students)
- Session for parents
- “Rest stop” for students and parents as they move in, do orientation, etc.
- Any of the above things for parents, or for parents to do with students