What if your college ministry took on one particular ministry task, for a local church?
Whether your ministry is campus-based, church-based, or otherwise, your students could easily take ownership of something for a local church. Wouldn’t tasks like these be fertile ground for student involvement (with the right students)?:
- Visitation (to hospitals, shut-ins, etc.)
- Delivering collected goods (food, clothing, etc., that the church collects)
- Getting in touch with new church visitors
- Praying for prayer requests that roll in
- Serving in admin/office tasks
- Organizing and running special events
- “Work days” at the church
- Taking one “shift” the church has with a local non-profit
I’m just spitballin’ these ideas – you know the local churches better. If you are a church-based ministry, this probably looks like adopting a task within your own church… although reaching out to a smaller church in town could be really incredible.