Here’s a Fridea from way back that would be excellent for applying this summer…
Every once in a while, it’s likely that a potential outlet for future ministry presents itself. As we watch to see what God is doing – in hopes of joining Him – we may notice new opportunities, new things we start thinking about, new ideas brought to us by students or others, and so on.
So what’s the Fridea? Share with other college ministers the NEW opportunities or possibilities that seem to pop up on the radar.
Here’s what I mean:
- Key students talk to you about a new passion they have for a certain issue
- You notice several students from a certain niche start coming to your large group meeting
- You begin to notice a possible opportunity for outreach, and as you pray you continue to think about it
- An administrator contacts you about a certain need on campus
- You notice a new challenge or opportunity on campus.
- You attend a conference and hear about a method for reaching fraternities that you’d love to try
- …and so on.
In whatever way new ideas show up on the radar, what if you made a point to express these possibilities to other ministers? Isn’t it just possible God might be showing them similar things? Plus, sometimes the encouragement they’ll offer – from acknowledging they’ve noticed the same thing, to an invitation to partner together – will be the encouragement you need to actually go for this.
Even better: If you sent a monthly email to all the other college ministers simply telling them the brainstorming you, your staff, and your student leaders have been doing, you might be shocked to see God use that to accomplish those very things!