This idea has a “Fridea” sort of ring to it, but I couldn’t wait: What if your college ministry spent one day serving the campus next semester?
It might mean everyone doing something together; in large ministries it might mean hundreds of man hours, all across campus. No, students don’t skip classes or other commitments – they just rotate in whenever possible. But whatever your situation and the logistics involved, this event – and the process leading to it – would be a chance to see an abundance of gains:
- In your students’ love for the school
- In your ministry’s understanding of the school’s needs
- In your students’ growth in servanthood
- In your ministry’s reputation on campus
- In your ministry’s role as part of the “campus tribe”