These would be easy investigations to make this summer – and any of them could pay off big in discerning how to better reach and impact your campus(es)!
- The trends. What new trends has the school noticed in the last couple of years for incoming freshmen? (This could be as wide-ranging as ethnicity, gender, SAT scores, distance from home, family income, or a million other things.) Any shifts in campus demographics likely means something in terms of ministry!
- The plans. What changes are on the horizon for the campus in the coming years? Anything from a new student center to an increased focus on sports can springboard you to new ideas and new ways to serve the campus.
- What does the campus think of our ministry? When’s the last time you got a good answer to this question?
- Organizations. I’m sure you know plenty of the student orgs on campus – but I betcha there are plenty you have no idea exist. What if you spent a day looking through (and praying through) the list?
- Critical needs. The administration, faculty, and staff all have thoughts on what the campus needs. Do you know their hopes for the campus?