As this week’s Fridea, I want to turn the corner toward… the Start of School! I figured if I could begin offering ideas this early, they might seamlessly fit into your new-semester plans, or even just help springboard you to even better thoughts!
(And as this yearly ritual begins, yes, those of you on the Quarter System can laugh at the rest of us and enjoy your extra month. But hopefully this can help you in September!)
I thought I’d round up some ideas from past posts here on the blog, link them here, and not post again ’til Monday. That way, if you want to dive in, you’ll have some time to do just that – pick and choose to your liking. (And I’ll be able to focus on moving into my new place; you can read briefly about that here.)
If you want even more, you can always look through the Categories list for categories that are most pertinent to your ministry. That’s the very best way to scratch where you itch!
But without further ado, some interesting ideas for the Start of School:
- The Map-Bringers: a unique way to serve and recruit wandering freshmen & transfers simultaneously
- Sowing for a Start-of-School Harvest: preparing students already in your college ministry for the upcoming season
- Catalyzing College Ministry Creativity via New Purposes: how a spin on your whys can lead to creativity
- Campus Ministries & Narrow Recruiting: a weird suggestion about targeting your efforts and/or targeting your offers
- Have You Read It Yet?: a reminder that one great way to kick off the new semester is by reading a free ebook about seeing college ministry in a new light…
- Thoughts on Recruitment: this is one big list of ideas on what I’d seen in Chicago during the yearlong trip!
- Barn-Building: an important strategic consideration
- College Ministry Priorities for the First Week: just what it says, in response to a timely question from a college minister
- SHOW Recruitment and TELL Recruitment: we need ’em both, right?