As you may have seen via Facebook or Twitter, I wasn’t a huge fan of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. But for what it’s worth, watching the original Transformers movie (which I like) immediately beforehand AND watching the sequel opening night at midnight both improved my experience.
(If you’ll remember, I encouraged as much just last week. Hopefully some other summer films in that list will be better!)
But I did notice something, being a college minister and all: Transformers 2 is heavy on good reasons for investing in college ministry! So here’s the (mostly tongue-in-cheek) list:
(no vital plot spoilers here, but don’t read if you don’t want to know anything about the movie)
12 Reasons We Need College Ministry, as Revealed by Transformers 2
- Students need help dealing with the relationships they’ve left at home (e.g., parents, favorite cars, and Megan-Foxes).
- Parents need help letting go of their students.
- The party scene.
- The computer-geek-conspiracist scene.
- Crazy roommates (e.g., kitten-calendar magnates, mentally unstable room-trashers).
- Aggressive hotties!
- Aggressive bullies!
- Pompous professors (who look like that one guy on that one show…).
- Know-it-all classmates.
- The dangers and opportunities of traveling abroad.
- Co-ed dorms!
- College freshmen might just turn out to be heroes – they just need help (from awesome robots or senior adult robots or college ministers) to get there!