As I blogged last week, I leave tomorrow for Road Trip #11, and this one’s a doozy! This will be the longest road trip since the BIG one, clocking in at 5 1/2 weeks (at least). From eyeing the route, I figure I will see at least 16 states… and besides all the college ministry explorations and college minister hang-outs, there are also 2 or 3 conferences to attend, too.
So with such a big adventure on my hands, I want you to come along – from the comfort of your very own home. Or computer. Or cell phone. Explore with me. Experience with me. Learn with me.
There will be pictures. There will be posts. [All the posts so far are here.]
And there will be something brand new: Tweets!
That’s right, I’ve been sucked in to the wonderful, wide world of Twitter! Except for a brief excursion into Twittering during my nine-church-service weekend last August, I’m brand new to this. (For those who don’t use Twitter, you can follow along without joining; read the note at the very bottom of this post.)
For those who are using Twitter, some notes:
- @bensonhines is now live and tweeting.
- Please be patient with me; I’m new here. In fact, if you have tips or feedback, I would LOVE to hear it. Special thanks to @mynameisbrandon and @rhetter for providing a crash course in this stuff.
- While I’m at it, I made some tiny URLs for sharing the free ebook. Obviously, you can make your own or just point people to reachingthecampustribes.com. But here are some good ones: xr.com/rtct or tinyurl.com/campustribes. (These are now listed at the book site, too.)
For everybody, all the ways to get in touch with me:
I’m really excited about this newest road trip, and I’m hoping to include you guys like never before! So here’s a run-down of ALL the ways to come along on this trip, from least-connected to most-connected:
- Facebook group: Exploring College Ministry with Benson. I don’t send messages very often; during the trip, I might send 2 or 3 schedule updates to members of this group. (But remember, this is still the BEST way to stay posted on the most important updates for this whole project – like new road trips, new books, and other big news.)
- Facebook status updates. While I don’t treat this as a major point of connection, I probably will change my Facebook status occasionally to reflect the twists and turns of this adventure. So, as always, I’d love for you to befriend me!
- This blog. As usual, there will be a post every day (or close to it), so take a look whenever you’d like. Many of the posts over the next weeks will be directly related to the trip, as I discuss (and show via pictures) its adventures and learnings. (For all the posts related to the trip so far, click here.)
- Twitter: @bensonhines
- In person. Of course, if I get to cross your path on this trip, let’s try to hang out! Just contact me and let me know.
So there you have it! I hope you’ll join me.
For those unfamiliar with Twitter, you can still take a look at my regular updates whenever you’d like. Just go to www.twitter.com/bensonhines. Each update has a date and time, so you can watch as my days progress!