There is a distinct possibility that I’ll visit NINE or even TEN church services this weekend.
[It ended up being nine services!]
Several denominations. All different times. Two days. Several unique types of church services. You’ll see.
I will update the blog later tonight with how this came to pass as well as reflections on the first three church services (from today). But first, I just wanted to let you know how you can follow along tonight / tomorrow or even attend a church service with me tomorrow, right from the comfort of your own home!
Here’s how you can follow along / participate:
Blogs all weekend
Look for occasional blogs tonight and tomorrow, updating and reflecting on these church visits. Here’s the list of posts that matter:
- Some introductory notes on the weekend
- “Of Denominations and Puppets: The First Three Churches“
- “The Whole Nine Yards“
- Sunday Morning: Express to Mess
- Sunday Evening: Earphones to Edgy
Follow with me at www.twitter.com/bensonhines. (I already started earlier this afternoon.)
For those of you who don’t know what Twitter is:
- Just go to that page. You’ll see regular updates throughout today and tomorrow – some even from within church services, sent from my cell phone.
- It reads backwards, just like a blog. So you can start from the bottom if you want.
- For longer posts, click the blue words after the message to see the whole message.
For those of you who are familiar with Twitter, you know the other ways you can use it to follow along.
Come to church with me
Tomorrow, you can even attend the Internet Campus of a well-known multi-site church with me at 4pm CENTRAL Time.
This will NOT be simply viewing a church service online. It is considered a genuine “campus” by the church, with community elements and their own Internet Campus Pastor and everything. If you’ve never attended an Internet Church before, here’s your chance. (I haven’t either!)
The service should last very close to an hour.
I’ll send the details in the morning in case you want to “come to church with me” tomorrow!
Written from Phoenix, Arizona